She’s cheer cheerer and I’m on the sit sits
For every note this gets I’m running a mile.
-Nevermind! Please no.
Bully messes with karate champ. [video]
The source video is very, very worth watching. A few things to point out:
The young woman in the dark coat is continually trying to escape from the man. She has spoken to him, she’s pulled away, she’s even tried to walk away before he dragged her back. She hit him as a last resort but it didn’t do anything, he just got more aggressive.
The girl in the white jacket was walking by, recognized that a bad situation was happening, stopped, and intervened. At 0:28 she calls the man out, and continues to call him out until he breaks off attacking the young woman in the dark coat and turns his aggression on her. At which point she defends herself—and then she escorts the young woman in the dark coat safely away.
This is a hero.
Bringing this back.
The woman in the white jacket is Olga Ivanova, taekwondo world champion. That kick must have hurt like hell.
Hit me up with any of my fandoms and I’ll tell you:
- my “FOREVER” pairing
- my “sometimes” pairing (if i’m in the mood)
- my “friends-with-benefits” pairing
- my “adele” pairing (“WE COULD HAVE HAD IT AAAAAALL”)
- my “hatemance” pairing
- my “working on it” pairing
- my favorite threesome / poly ship
- my platonic “their friendship is too precious to mess it up with romance” ship
- my “i love it but don’t want it to happen” pairing
- my “it started out crack but now it’s serious and i regret everything” pairing
- my endgame pairing
- my “across time and space they will always find each other” pairing
- my “settling for second choice” pairing
- my “I don’t want to ship it but I do” pairing
Nobody gives the black girl mob credit for being smart as fuck. They clown but at the end of the day they are really intelligent.
And it’s not subtle at all.
Taystee is a math prodigy in addition to being well-read, Poussey is multilingual, Cindy just knows shit, Suzanne studies Shakespeare, Watson was a good student in addition to being a track star, Vee is basically an evil genius. Piper often learns the most from them; they taught her how to fight and helped translate Pennsatucky’s biblical threat.
The show flat out acknowledges the (academic) intelligence of the black inmates time and time again, but the audience collectively ignores it.
ALL OF THIS
The thing with microaggressions is that they’re cumulative. And some aren’t so micro.
City Map Illustrations | by Anna Bond of Rifle Paper Co.
Check out these delightful prints of city map illustrations by Anna Bond, co-founder of Rifle Paper Co. I’m a big fan of her work, and I’d gladly add everything on Rifle Paper Co.’s website to my wishlist! Purchase these prints here.